How do Solar Panels Work? Here, you will find out how. Don’t miss out on the sun’s potential, especially in the Sunshine State, Queensland. This is why households across Australia, especially in Queensland, are adopting solar systems. Solar systems are true game changers in our sunny climate, utilizing abundant sunshine throughout the year. Solar technology converts sunlight into energy, powering homes and even storing it for emergencies with battery systems.
The Science of How Solar Energy Works
While most people know that solar photovoltaic (PV) panels convert sunlight into electricity, fewer understand the science behind this process. This blog delves into the intricate scientific workings of solar energy.
Basic Steps in Solar Energy Generation and Transmission
- Sunlight hits solar panels, creating an electric field.
- Generated electricity moves to panel edges, then into a conductive wire.
- Conductive wires carry electricity to the inverter, converting DC to AC.
- AC electricity goes from the inverter to the property’s electric panel.
- Electric panel distributes electricity throughout the building.
- Extra electricity flows through the utility meter, crediting excess to the grid.
The Science behind Solar PV
Solar PV panels consist of numerous tiny photovoltaic cells. These cells, mainly made of silicon, can transform sunlight into electricity by maintaining the required electrical imbalance to create an electric field.
The Process Unveiled:
- Simplified Solar Panel Process:
- Sunlight hits PV cells, creating energy as photons.
- Charged semiconductors make an electric field, moving electrons.
- Energy travels through wires to an inverter.
- The inverter transforms energy, goes to panels, and spreads in the building.
- Extra energy flows to the grid through a meter.
Final Verdict – How Solar Panels Work?
The science behind solar panels is undoubtedly intricate, but you don’t need to be a scientist to understand the advantages of adopting solar systems.
Our experienced solar installers are here to walk you through these benefits, helping you determine if this solution aligns with your property’s needs.